Visitors Care Travel Medical Insurance from IMG
Charges for the following services, treatments and/or conditions are excluded from coverage under the Visitors Care plan.
- Pre-existing Conditions. Any Injury, Illness, sickness, disease, or other physical or medical disorder, condition or ailment that, with reasonable medical certainty, existed at the time of Application or at any time during the three years prior to the Effective Date of the Initial Period of Coverage, whether or not previously manifested or symptomatic, diagnosed, treated, or disclosed, including any subsequent, chronic or recurring complications or consequences related thereto or arising therefrom.
- Treatment or surgeries which are elective, investigational, experimental or for research purposes.
- War, political insurrection, protest, or any act thereof.
- Immunizations and routine physical exams.
- Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint or dental treatment, except as otherwise expressly provided for in the Policy Wording.
- Venereal disease, AIDS virus, AIDS related illness, ARC Syndrome, or AIDS, and the cost of testing for these conditions, and charges for treatment or surgeries which are incurred by any Insured Person who was HIV+ at time of enrollment into this insurance.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, birth control, artificial insemination, treatment for infertility or impotency, sterilization or reversal thereof, or abortion.
- Any Injury or Illness sustained while taking part in mountaineering activities where specialized climbing equipment, ropes or guides are normally or reasonably should have been used, Amateur Athletics or professional athletics, aviation (except when traveling solely as a passenger in a commercial aircraft), hang gliding and parachuting, snow skiing except for recreational downhill and/or cross country snow skiing (no cover provided whilst skiing in violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations; away from prepared and marked inbound territories; and/or against the advice of the local ski school or local authoritative body), racing of any kind including by horse, motor vehicle (of any type) or motorcycle, spelunking, and subaqua pursuits involving underwater breathing apparatus.
- Vision or ear tests and the provision of visual or hearing aids.
- Vocational, recreational, speech or music therapy.
- Charges incurred for custodial care, educational or rehabilitative care, or nursing services.
- Charges, injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from or occurring during the commission or continuing perpetration of a violation of law by the Insured Person, including without limitation, engaging in an illegal occupation or act, but excluding minor traffic violations.
- Treatment for, and injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from, substance abuse or drug addiction.
- Injury and/or illness resulting or arising from or sustained while under the influence of or disablement of drugs or alcohol.
- Willful self-inflicted injury or illness.
- Treatment required as a result of or arising from complications from a treatment or condition not covered under the Visitors Care plan.
- Any services or supplies performed or provided by a relative of the Insured Person or provided at no cost to the Insured Person.
- Treatment for mental and nervous disorders.
- Organ or tissue transplants, and all related services.
- Treatment incurred as a result of or arising from exposure to nuclear radiation, and/or radioactive material(s).
This web material contains only a consolidated and summary description of all current Visitors Care benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions. A certificate of insurance containing the complete Policy Wording with all terms, conditions, limits and exclusions will be included with the fulfillment kit. Please review the Policy Wording carefully upon receipt and contact IMG if you have any questions concerning available coverages or benefits. The plan underwriter reserves the right to amend or modify the Policy Wording, and issue the most current Policy Wording for the Visitors Care plan, in the event an Application Form and/or this brochure has expired, is modified, or is replaced with a newer version. Current Policy Wordings are available upon request.
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“PPACA”): This insurance is not subject to, and does not provide certain of the insurance benefits required by, the United States PPACA. PPACA requires certain U.S. residents and citizens to obtain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. In certain circumstances penalties may be imposed on U.S. residents and citizens who do not maintain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. You should consult your attorney or tax professional to determine if PPACA’s requirements are applicable to you. The policy contains the plan benefits, including a lifetime maximum that you have selected. Please review your choices to ensure that you have sufficient coverage to meet your medical needs.