International Major Medical Plan from Petersen International Underwriters
Need for coverage
Health care costs are different in the United States than other countries around the world. The United States health care system is principally funded through private insurance. Access to socialized health care is typically restricted to United States Veterans, Medicare recipients and legal residents using Medicaid. Reciprocity between some countries which both have socialized health care does not occur in the United States.
Examples of Coverage
- A non USA citizen or a Resident Alien visiting the USA.
- A Foreign National working for a USA company in their home country or outside their home country.
Description of Available Benefits
The insurance being described is a temporary major medical insurance plan with a maximum term length of 11 Months. Eligible expenses caused by an illness or injury and incurred from any doctor or any hospital within the specifi ed geographic area will be reimbursed to you.
|Choice of Deductible||Coinsurance||Maximum Benefit|
||After Deductibles are paid, Underwriters will reimburse 80% of the next $5,000 in eligible expenses and then 100% of eligible expenses up to the Maximum Benefit||Age 0-69: up to $1,000,000
Age 70-74: up to $250,000
Age 75-79: up to $100,000
Age 80-84: up to $50,000
|(Deductibles listed are per person, per policy period)||(Benefits listed are per person, per policy period)|
- Hospital Expenses: All medically necessary expenses while hospitalized.
- Physician Services: All medically necessary expenses for treatment.
- Skilled Nursing Facilities: All medically necessary expenses if confi nement begins following a medically necessary hospital confi nement of 3 days or longer.
- Home Health Care: All medically necessary expenses if hospitalization would have been required if Home Health Care was not provided and the care is provided in accordance with a written plan established, approved and followed by a physician.
- Medical Evacuation: All medically necessary expenses for stabilization and transportation to the facility nearest your home, which can provide the appropriate care up to $100,000.
- $25,000 Accidental Death: $50,000 if accidental death occurs while riding as a passenger of a common carrier.
- Ambulance Services Expenses: To and from a hospital within 100 miles in the same geographic area.
- Prescription Drugs: Outpatient prescription medications covered up to a maximum of $500.
- Emergency Return Home: If, aft er you have departed, you learn of the death of an Immediate Family Member, or you learn of the substantial destruction of your home by fi re, wind, fl ood, or earthquake, Underwriters shall reimburse you the cost of an economy one way air or ground transportation ticket for you to your home, up to a maximum of $5,000.
- Trip Cancellation Benefit: If within two weeks prior to your pre-paid ticketed or vouchered initial trip departure your entire trip must be cancelled due to
- your death, illness or injury causing hospitalization or outpatient surgery, or
- the death of an Immediate Family member, or
- the substantial destruction of your home due to fire, wind, flood, or earthquake, any unused and nonrefundable portion of expenses shall be reimbursed up to a maximum of $1,000, excess of $100 each and every loss and excess of all other valid Insurances.
War & Terrorism Coverage
If you elect this option, underwriters will reimburse you for eligible expenses which are incurred due to an injury resulting from the participation in a sport or activity that is specifi cally named on the Schedule of Coverage. Benefits up to a maximum of $250,000 or the maximum benefit as stated in the schedule, whichever is lesser.
Sports or Activity Coverage
If you elect this option Underwriters will reimburse You for Eligible Expenses which are incurred as a result of Injuries or Illnesses sustained due to war/terrorism or act of war/terrorism. Injuries or Illnesses due to war/terrorism or act of war/terrorism involving the use or release of any nuclear weapon or device or chemical or biological agent, regardless of any contributory cause(s) are not covered with this optional benefit.
Cardiac and Cancer Benefit Increase
If you elect this option Underwriters will remove the $25,000 limitation on cardiac and cancer related conditions and Underwriters will consider them to be the same as any other expense. Th is option is available only to individuals under the age of 60 and it does not waive the pre-existing condition exclusion.
This is not intended to be a complete outline of coverage. Actual wording may change without notice.
Underwriters reserve the right to modify terms and benefi ts at time of underwriting.
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“PPACA”): This insurance is not subject to, and does not provide certain of the insurance benefits required by, the United States PPACA. PPACA requires certain U.S. residents and citizens to obtain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. In certain circumstances penalties may be imposed on U.S. residents and citizens who do not maintain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. You should consult your attorney or tax professional to determine if PPACA’s requirements are applicable to you. The policy contains the plan benefits, including a lifetime maximum that you have selected. Please review your choices to ensure that you have sufficient coverage to meet your medical needs.