Patriot Exchange - J1 Student Insurance
Patriot Exchange is designed for students studying abroad or participants of cultural exchange programs. Two plan options are available. The Standard Short-Term Travel Plan is designed to meet the U.S. J1/J2 visa travel insurance requirements.
Its flexible plan design also provides three areas of coverage: U.S. citizens worldwide except in the U.S., Non-U.S. citizens worldwide except in their home country and Europe to Europe.
- Coverage for students, groups, and/or their spouses and unmarried dependent children traveling with them
- Plan maximums limits up to $500,000 per injury or illness, Lifetime Maximum $5,000,000
- Plans are renewable up to 48 months if minimum of one month is purchased
- Groups may purchase customizable annually renewable long term plans
- Freedom to seek treatment with hospital or doctor of your choice
- Universal Rx pharmacy discount savings
- 24 hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
- Student Health Center $5 co-pay per visit
- No coinsurance
- Optional Add-On coverage available for high school sports, interscholastic, intramural, or club sports, personal liability and legal assistance
Patriot Exchange Program is designed for those who are:
- Students participating in international programs
- Cultural exchange participants
- Graduate international students
- Scholars and educators
- Actively engaged or participating in an educational or cultural exchange program in the country of assignment.
- Traveling to a destination that is not their home country.
This web page contains only a consolidated and summary description of all current Patriot Exchange Program Insurance benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions. A certificate containing the complete Certificate Wording with all terms, conditions and exclusions will be included in the fulfillment kit. IMG reserves the right to issue the most current Certificate Wording for this insurance plan in the event this application and/or brochure has expired, is modified, or is replaced with a newer version. Current Certificate Wordings are available upon request.
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“PPACA”): This insurance is not subject to, and does not provide certain of the insurance benefits required by, the United States PPACA. In no event will Underwriters provide benefits in excess of those specified in the policy documents, and this insurance is not subject to guaranteed issuance or renewal. PPACA requires certain U.S. residents and citizens to obtain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. In certain circumstances penalties may be imposed on U.S. residents and citizens who do not maintain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. You should consult your attorney or tax professional to determine if PPACA’s requirements are applicable to you. The policy contains the plan benefits, including a lifetime maximum that you have selected. Please review your choices to ensure that you have sufficient coverage to meet your medical needs.